It is essential that we brush everyday and at least twice a day to protect our teeth and overall oral health. However, with busy day to day lives, although brushing might be done on a regular basis, if done wrong, it can cause damage to the teeth. Below are common mistakes done when brushing.
1) Not brushing long enough (Brushing should be done for at least 2 minutes)
2) Not paying attention when brushing (It is very important to pay attention and brush all areas of the teeth)
3) Using the wrong toothbrush (A soft bristle toothbrush is essential for proper brushing of the teeth)
4) Brushing too hard (Causes breakage of the tooth structure)
5) Not flossing (Flossing is essential in removing food stuck between the teeth)
6) Not using a mouthwash (Benefits of a mouthwash)
7) Not rinsing after brushing