Covid has made the holiday celebrations a little different for all of us. As studies have show an increase in alcohol consumption during the holiday season it is important to take steps in protecting your teeth and smile.
Here are some simple steps to prevent damage to your teeth after alcohol consumption.
- Be sure to not over do it and when possible drink alcohol through a straw, as it will direct the alcohol to the back of the mouth staying away from the teeth.
- Always drink water between and after alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid fruit juice drinks.
- Wait at least an hour before brushing your teeth after alcohol consumption.
- And always use a soft bristle toothbrush.
These simple steps can help in protecting your teeth and your smile!
Dr. Elizabeth Dimovski and Associates – We Protect Your Smile!
You must be logged in to post a comment.